The Forecast Analytics and Engineering Practice has a talented and diverse team of cross functional consultants skilled at business analysis, service delivery and outcome-led thinking.
Our team is dedicated to enabling our customers to harness the power of data to drive business value on their journey to transform their products, engage their customers, optimise their operations and enable their employees.
As a cloud engineer you will be part of an ambitious and fast-moving team, delivering best-in-class data and analytics solutions for our clients. This is a hands-on and client-facing role, with the opportunity to broaden and deepen your technical skill set.
Typical duties of this role will include:
- Work with clients and senior team members to translate business requirements into technical implementations
- Establish and maintain design patterns to create high quality, consistent and repeatable results for our clients
- Act as a customer-facing consultant, able to translate complex technical information for non-technical stakeholders
- Implement technical designs to secure business outcomes
- Execute pilots, prototypes, or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios
- Document and share technical best practices and insights with Data Engineers, Analysts, Data Scientists and Architects
Successful candidates would possess the following:
- The ability to share their experience with team members and help shape solution decisions
- Demonstrated success in consultative and complex technical deployment projects
- Understanding of cloud-based use-cases and design patterns, knowledge of trends
- Experience with continuous deployment, continuous integration, and automation highly desirable
- Experience working with data engineers and analysts highly desirable
- Demonstrable hands-on experience deploying and configuring components (primarily) using AWS, although experience of GCP is desirable
- Ability to provision and maintain compute resources (e.g. EC2, Kubernetes).
- Ability to implement good practice security measures (e.g. VPN gateways, encryption, key management systems, role-based access)
- Experience or understanding of building scalable data lakes is highly desirable