Our client is an innovative SaaS (Software as service) product specialised in providing fast project evaluation tools for the mining industry.
The client gained a handful of projects slowly in past few years. They approached Forecast to help commercialise the SaaS platform.
Forecast team evaluated the platform and made a detailed evaluation report of the usability of the software. One of the major actions following the evaluation is to launch a UI/UX improvements project to adjust the look and feel for the purpose of improving the overall usability.
Over a 4 month period Forecast team provided UI/UX design and project management support while the Client’s team implemented the software revisions. We adapted a Kanban agile development approach to manage user stories, tasks and bugs. A weekly catch-up meeting was held to update the progress of the project and discuss the major design decisions.
Forecast UI/UX consultant worked closed with the Client’s team. We use Figma as a wireframe tool to illustrate the design and communicate with the developer. The members from the two teams were constantly communicated to deliver the desirable and feasible UI features.
UI/UX Design Principles And Best Practices were used to improve the software usability:
- Keep it simple – A simple user interface creates a better user experience.
- Responsive design – Users can easily read and navigate on any device.
- Intuitive interface – An interface that works exactly as the user expects it to.
- Unity of elements – Colours, fonts, buttons, the layout structure – these design components needs to be familiar to users.
- Optimised input forms – Forms that require a lot of information benefit from being split up into multiple steps.
- Form data validation – Most important process of interaction between the user and the interface.
The UI/UX improvement project transformed the platform into a modern and neat looking SaaS site. The end-users will benefit from a more clean and intuitive UI that will help them easily build the financial model for their mining project.