Founded in 2010 in the UK, Forecast has been on a journey to become a leading international data solutions, analytics and modelling consultancy. Forecast entered the Australian market in 2016 and has offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Queensland working with clients across the country, from large corporates to dynamic small-medium enterprises.
The Forecast team have a wealth of technical and commercial experience. The challenging nature of our projects and the variety of business solutions that we provide makes for a stimulating working environment.
Forecast is seeking a Data Scientist to join the Analytics team in Sydney or Melbourne where you will combine your technical skills with the ability to translate insights to and consult with a non-technical audience. The role is best suited to a highly motivated and self-confident individual who can work both autonomously and as part of a team (internal and client teams). Strong attention to detail and ability to meet stringent project deadlines are also essential attributes. You will work to understand project requirements, map key processes, design and build solutions, and deliver the final project output.
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job; naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a talented and growing team. You will need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills.
Key Candidate Requirements
- Very strong written and spoken skills, including presentations.
- Enjoy working both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Post-graduate degree in numerical/commercial discipline (STEM).
Your Technical Skillset (two or more of the below):
- Comfortable writing code in Python (and/or R)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL to drive commercial analytics
- Experience of communicating insight through Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience developing solutions using Cloud Infrastructure (any of AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience developing data pipelines using technologies including dbt, Airflow, Spark, Databricks, Kafka
- Experience applying machine learning and advanced analytics techniques in a commercial setting
- Permanent full-time position based in Sydney or Melbourne
- Attractive remuneration package $125,000 – 130,000 base + Super + Incentive
- Challenging position in small, growing team of consultants
- Occasional travel, within and outside Australia